- Keep the splint and dressing clean and dry.
- Keep the splint on your wrist at all times, unless otherwise instructed.
- To reduce swelling and pain:
- Elevate your affected hand above your heart 15-30 minutes per hour while awake.
- Ice the affected hand/wrist after elevating.
- Wiggle the fingers of your affected hand several times per day to prevent stiffness.
- Take post-operative medication as needed/prescribed.
- Schedule your follow-up appointment for 7-10 days from surgery.
- West Allis office – 414-328-8600
- Brookfield office – 262-780-4400
- West Wood office – 262-928-8600
If you develop any problems, please call your surgeon’s administrative assistant to contact the doctor.
If problems arise after 5:00pm, please call the office main number. The recording will advise you how to reach the orthopedic surgeon on call.